Easter 2026: When is Easter 2026. You are here as you are searching the details of When is Easter 2026 and why does the date change every year? In this post, you will get to know all about Easter holidays 2026 and how the Easter Date determined every year.
It’s not really very easy always to keep track of or knowing the Easter date every year. After all, unlike Christmas, the Easter Sunday date changes every year without any doubt. It can be as early as March 22nd or as late as April 25th for every year.
The day of Easter falls on a Sunday based on the lunisolar that is sun and moon calendar, not a fixed date on the Gregorian or Julian calendar.
Easter in 2026 is on Sunday, 5 April 2026.
Easter date of each year has been determined to fall on the Sunday after the full-moon following March 21st for Western Christians who use the Gregorian calendar or modern calendar.
Thus Easter will fall between 22nd March and 25th April inclusive each year.
For Eastern Christians who use the Julian calendar which is currently runs 13 days behind Gregorian calendar and they have a similar way to determine Easter day based on the first full-moon after 3rd April thus Easter will fall sometime between 4th April through 8th May each year.
Roman Catholic Church Holy Week 2026
Holy Week, based on the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, starts with Palm Sunday, when Jesus enters Jerusalem and received with palm leaves.
The following are the dates of the Gregorian calendar for 2026 Easter.
- Palm Sunday falls on March 29, 2026.
- Holy Monday falls on March 30, 2026.
- Holy Tuesday falls on March 31, 2026.
- Holy Wednesday falls on April 1, 2026.
- Holy Thursday falls on April 2, 2026.
- Holy Friday falls on April 3, 2026.
- Holy Saturday falls on April 4, 2026.
Orthodox Catholic Church Holy Week 2026
As per Holy Week, the tradition of the Orthodox Catholic Church, begins with the Saturday of the resurrection of Lazarus.
The specific dates on the Gregorian calendar listed below for 2026 Easter Dates.
- Lazarus Saturday falls on April 4, 2026.
- Palm Sunday falls on April 5, 2026.
- Holy Monday falls on April 6, 2026.
- Holy Tuesday falls on April 7, 2026.
- Holy Wednesday falls on April 8, 2026.
- Holy Thursday falls on April 9, 2026.
- Holy Friday falls on April 10, 2026.
- Holy Saturday falls on April 11, 2026.
In 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicaea there was an attempt to provide support, help and guidance of which we use today to determine and decide the date Easter. They came up with these must rules:
- Easter must celebrate throughout the world on Sunday
- This Sunday must follow the 14th day of the paschal moon
- That moon was to be accounted the paschal moon whose 14th day followed the spring equinox
- Finally that some provision should be made to have a credible authority which is like the Church of Alexandria at the time and determine based on these above rules the date of Easter each year for the world.
Leave a Reply